Thursday 10 November 2016

Cardz 4 Galz: Contemporary Christmas

The card I am sharing today is my DT card for this week's challenge at Cardz 4 Galz.  This week's theme is Contemporary Christmas.  Normally I make Christmas cards that are kind of contemporary but with a touch of traditional, but I wanted to make sure there was nothing traditional about this one.  I also wanted to make sure it was very feminine, since it is for Cardz 4 Galz, so I opted for soft pastel colours.

I started off with a white background which I embossed using a snowflake embossing folder and layered onto lilac card.  I then die cut the baubles from printed papers (these are Crafter's Companion papers that came with a recent edition of Crafts Beautiful magazine).  The die is by Spellbinders.

I layered the baubles onto turquoise card and attached ribbons to 'hang' them from.  I then attached the baubles to the background using foam pads and looped to ribbons over the top of the lilac card, fastening them on the back.  I stamped the 'Deck the Halls' sentiment using Brilliance ink, layered it onto lilac card and attached it at the corner, and finally I finished my card off with some turquoise chiffon ribbon and a handmade bow.

I look forward to seeing everyone's creations for this week's challenge!

Sian. xx

3 comments:

Babs said...

A beautiful contemporary card Sian, pretty embossed background and lovely baubles.

Hugs Babs x

Donna Ellis said...

Love your combination of pastel colors with the elegance of dry embossing, Sian. It's a wonderful design, and with beautiful design elements! Perfect for the contemporary theme! hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

The embossing is the perfect backdrop for those beautiful ornaments. I love purples, soft or bold, for Christmas and, in fact, we used similar colors for this challenge. Your card is so very feminine and lovely!