Sunday 6 November 2016

It's taken me a while, but...

Well, I haven't had much time for crafting this weekend, so I thought I'd share some photos of what I've been doing instead.  Some of you will know that over the last 6 years I have been doing a degree in psychology.  This is why my blog has a big gap with no (or very few) posts.  I studied whilst working full time and looking after my two boys, a huge task which left me with very little time for anything else!  I am pleased so say that I have now finished.  I officially graduated at the end of July with First Class Honours, but my ceremony was not until Friday.

These are some of the unofficial photos. Friday was a very special day.

To anyone who is considering studying later in life, I woud say do it - it's never too late, but don't go into it thinking it will be easy.  I have had some very tough times over the last few years.  My eldest son, now 14, said to me recently "I'm definitely going to university when I finish school because I don't want to have to do it the way you've done it.  It's too hard."  I hope he follows through on that because he's right, but at the same time, if he
decides he's not ready at that time I can totally understand, and he won't get any pressure from me!

The Open University has been brilliant throughout.  I can't fault them and it's been a brilliant experience.  Now I just need to decide what to do next!

No comments: